There may be a time when you can't remember your password. If this is the case, click on the Forgot your password? link on the login page in the online catalog. You will be brought to the password reset page https://catalog.cwmars.org/eg/opac/password_reset
You will see a screen that looks like this:
Enter your library card number OR user name. You do not need both.
The number that appears on your library card or on your mini-card has spaces in it. If you enter your library card number, leave out the spaces. Enter only the numbers.
NOTE: Your library account should have a valid and active email account associated with it. If you do not have a valid email address in your account, you will not be able to receive the email to reset your password.
Click "Submit" to sent the password reset request.
You will be taken to a page that displays the following message:
Your barcode or user name has been submitted for a password reset. If a matching account with an email address is found, you will soon receive an email at that address with further instructions for resetting your password.
The email that you receive will contain the following message:
You have received this message because you, or somebody else, requested a reset of your library system password. If you did not request a reset of your library system password, just ignore this message and your current password will continue to work.
If you did request a reset of your library system password, please perform the following steps to continue the process of resetting your password:
1. Open the following link in a web browser: (There will be a link to reset your password here.)
The browser displays a password reset form.
2. Enter your new password in the password reset form in the browser. You must enter the password twice to ensure that you do not make a mistake. If the passwords match, you will then be able to log in to your library system account with the new password.
NOTE: It sometimes happens that password reset emails are sent to your Junk or Spam folders. If you do not see the email in your Inbox within about an hour, check your Junk or Spam folders.
NOTE: You can also ask the staff at your local library to reset the password for you.
The Password Reset Doesn't Seem To Be Working For Me!
After making a password reset request, it may take up to 30 minutes for you to receive a reset email. That being said, you may also receive an email within a couple of minutes.
There are also a number of reasons why you might not receive the request:
- you may have entered their barcode incorrectly
- you may have entered an incorrect or misspelled username
you may not have a valid email address in your patron record.
- you may have no email address in your record
- you may have in your record an email address you no longer use or don't check
- the email address in your record may be otherwise inaccurate (a typo in the address, for example)
- Depending on a your mail client settings, the automatic mail from Evergreen may be routed to a Junk or Spam folder.
As always, your local library staff is ready to help you if you have a problem.