DIGITAL TREASURES : Search Results
 
a central & western massachusetts digital library project
Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
 
Search results for Main   
Refine your search
Creator
Believed to be Knowlto... (2)
Unknown Photographer (2)
Clara Bodman Hawks (1)
Eric Weber (1)
Photographer Unknown/e... (1)

Date
1874 (2)
1900-1910 (1)
C.1910/2011 (1)
July-11 (1)
Unknown (1)

Subject
Williamsburg (Mass); H... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); T... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); W... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); W... (1)
Disasters -- United St... (1)
Show more...

results 1-7 of 7 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., circa 1910 Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., circa 1910 Williamsburg (Mass.); Trolley cars--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Temperance--Societies, etc.; Schools--Massachusetts--Williamsburg This is a view northwestward along Main Street in the center of Williamsburg village, from the intersection of South Street and Main Street (which is now, in 2011, Route 9) toward the Meekins Library and...

2. Site of the home of Dr. Elbridge Johnson, 1836?-1874, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Site of the home of Dr. Elbridge Johnson, 1836?-1874, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Disaster Disasters--United States; Disasters--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Dam failures--Massachusetts; Johnson, Elbridge M., 1836-1874; James, Henry Lyman, 1829-1896; Adams, William Henry, 1823-1874 Stereographic view of the place where Dr. Johnson's house and his entire household of six were lost in the Mill River Disaster On the morning of May 16, 1874 the huge earthen dam holding back a 100-acre...

3. Wreckage along Joe Wright Brook after the 1874 Mill River Disaster, Williamsburg, Mass. Wreckage along Joe Wright Brook after the 1874 Mill River Disaster, Williamsburg, Mass. Disasters--United States; Dam failures--Massachusetts; Disasters--Massachusetts--Williamsburg Stereographic view of wreckage along Joe Wright Brook in the aftermath of the Mill River Disaster On the morning of May 16, 1874 the huge earthen dam holding back a 100-acre water power reservoir three...

4. Meekins Library, 1900-1910, and Stephen Meekins' gravestone Meekins Library, 1900-1910, and Stephen Meekins' gravestone Meekins Library; Libraries--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Meekins, Stephen, 1812-1894 This photograph shows the Meekins Library a few years after it opened in 1897, and an inset in the upper left corner shows the monument of library donor Stephen Meekins 1/3 mile away in the Village Hill...

5. Home of W. A. Hawks and site of first Williamsburg, Mass. library Home of W. A. Hawks and site of first Williamsburg, Mass. library Williamsburg (Mass.); Hawks, William Avery, 1834-1892; Jones, Annie Juliet, 1851-1921; Hawks, Clara Bodman, 1888-1975; Meekins, Stephen, 1812-1894; Libraries--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Dwellings--Massachusetts--Williamsburg This photographic post card shows the North Main Street, Williamsburg home of William Avery Hawks. Advocates for culture and refinement, Mr. Hawks and his second wife Annie Juliet (Jones) founded the Williamsburg...

6. Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., July 2011 Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., July 2011 Williamsburg (Mass.); Weber, Eric, 1948- This recent photograph of the center of the village of Williamsburg, Mass. contrasts with the one taken 101 years earlier from the same spot, seen elsewhere in this Digital Treasures collection. This image...

7. Store, Grange Hall, Town Hall c.1910/2011 Store, Grange Hall, Town Hall c.1910/2011 Williamsburg (Mass.); Williamsburg Grange; General stores--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Schools--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; City halls--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Williamsburg Historical Society This pair of images shows a corner of Richard F. Burke's General Store at left (now the Williamsburg General Store); the Williamsburg Center School (now the Grange Hall) at center; and the old Town Hall...
select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-7 of 7 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | Contact: June Stokoe ~ Digital Initiatives ~ C/W MARS  ^ to top ^