DIGITAL TREASURES : Search Results
 
a central & western massachusetts digital library project
Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
 
Search results for Just   
Refine your search
Date
1874 (3)
1848-1858 (1)
C 1882 (1)
C 1885 (1)
C.1910/2011 (1)

Creator
Believed to be Knowlto... (2)
G & H a Alden, Photogr... (1)
Howard & Davis, Boston... (1)
Photographer Unknown/e... (1)
Unknown Manufacturer (1)
Show more...

Subject
Disasters -- United St... (1)
Weights, Balance Weigh... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); C... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); S... (1)
Williamsburg (Mass); T... (1)
Show more...

results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
 Image: Title: Subject: Description:

1. Williamsburg's official town weights and measures cabinet and accessories Williamsburg's official town weights and measures cabinet and accessories Weights, Balance; Weights and measures--History; Weights and measures--Law and legislation--Massachusetts This is a large (66 inch W x 77 inch H x 24 inch D) elaborately faux-grained wooden cabinet housing a beautifully machined precision equal-arm balance, a graduated set of weights for use on it, several...

2. View of Skinnerville, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Disaster View of Skinnerville, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Disaster Disasters--United States; Disasters--Massachusetts--Skinnerville; Dam failures--Massachusetts; Skinner, William, 1824-1902 Stereographic overview of the ruined village of Skinnerville after the 1874 Mill River Disaster, looking east On the morning of May 16, 1874 the huge earthen dam holding back a 100-acre water power reservoir...

3. View of Williamsburg, Mass. reservoir dam ruins after the 1874 Mill River Disaster View of Williamsburg, Mass. reservoir dam ruins after the 1874 Mill River Disaster Dam failures--Massachusetts; Disasters--United States; Disasters--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Dams--design and construction; Cheney, George, 1844-1918; Spelman, Onslow, 1821-1905 Stereographic view of the ruins of the Williamsburg Reservoir Company Dam after the Mill River Disaster On the morning of May 16, 1874 the huge earthen dam holding back a 100-acre water power reservoir...

4. Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., circa 1910 Main Street in the center of Williamsburg, Mass., circa 1910 Williamsburg (Mass.); Trolley cars--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Temperance--Societies, etc.; Schools--Massachusetts--Williamsburg This is a view northwestward along Main Street in the center of Williamsburg village, from the intersection of South Street and Main Street (which is now, in 2011, Route 9) toward the Meekins Library and...

5. Stereoscope, c. 1885 Stereoscope, c. 1885 Williamsburg (Mass.); Stereoscope. This is a handheld device for viewing stereographic images in simulated 3D. The standard stereograph or stereo view format (side-by side images taken from about 2.5 inches apart, printed, and mounted the...

6. Fred Carr carte-de-visite, c. 1882 Fred Carr carte-de-visite, c. 1882 Williamsburg (Mass.); Carr, Fred N., 1869-? Full-length studio portrait of Fred Carr, at the apparent age of about 13. He is wearing an unusual lace-up shirt or tunic, apparently has a pocket watch on a fob in his breast pocket, and on his right...

7. Site of the home of Dr. Elbridge Johnson, 1836?-1874, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Site of the home of Dr. Elbridge Johnson, 1836?-1874, Williamsburg, Mass., after the 1874 Mill River Disaster Disasters--United States; Disasters--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Dam failures--Massachusetts; Johnson, Elbridge M., 1836-1874; James, Henry Lyman, 1829-1896; Adams, William Henry, 1823-1874 Stereographic view of the place where Dr. Johnson's house and his entire household of six were lost in the Mill River Disaster On the morning of May 16, 1874 the huge earthen dam holding back a 100-acre...

8. Store, Grange Hall, Town Hall c.1910/2011 Store, Grange Hall, Town Hall c.1910/2011 Williamsburg (Mass.); Williamsburg Grange; General stores--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Schools--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; City halls--Massachusetts--Williamsburg; Williamsburg Historical Society This pair of images shows a corner of Richard F. Burke's General Store at left (now the Williamsburg General Store); the Williamsburg Center School (now the Grange Hall) at center; and the old Town Hall...
select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-8 of 8 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | Contact: June Stokoe ~ Digital Initiatives ~ C/W MARS  ^ to top ^