DIGITAL TREASURES : Item Viewer
 
a central & western massachusetts digital library project
Skip to content home : browse : advanced search : preferences : my favorites : about : help   
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
 
National Grange Golden Sheaf Certificate, Pearl C. Wilder, Buckland, Mass., 1966
TitleNational Grange Golden Sheaf Certificate, Pearl C. Wilder, Buckland, Mass., 1966
Full Size Imagehttp://dlib.cwmars.org/cdm4/images/full_size/Buckland/32.jpg
SubjectNational Grange.; Agriculture.; Washington (D.C.); Buckland (Mass.); Wilder, Pearl C. 1890-1977
DescriptionCertificate measures about 5 inches wide by 7 inches high as a half page in a booklet. The certificate is bound into the booklet at the spine by gold-colored thread with a knotted tassel sewn through gold foil paper and tissue paper. The booklet has a navy blue leather-look cover marked on the back inside as 8253 crafted by The S.K. Smith Co. Chicago-Cleveland-New York. On the outside front cover, there is golden embossed lettering with sheaves of grain and a banner styled like a sign which reads, The NATIONAL GRANGE PATRONS of HUSBANDRY Established 1867. The booklet is in its original presentation paper box, which has a black flocked velvet-type fabric cover with a gold foil covered bottom. Pearl C. (Smith) Wilder (1890-1977) was born in Whitingham, Vt. to Allison and Lillie (Wheeler) Smith. Pearl and her family moved to Buckland when she was young. They lived at what is now 277 Ashfield Road. Pearl married Ernest Charles Wilder (1887-1962), a native of Buckland, on 31 December 1915. Pearl Smith is listed as a member of the Buckland Grange in its Lecturers Program booklet for the year 1915. The Buckland Grange was organized 9 March 1875, received its charter as No. 87 in April 1903, and disbanded due to diminished membership on 30 June 1968.
TranscriptGolden Sheaf Certificate No. 30393 Issued by the National Grange of Patrons of Husbandry in recognition of fifty years continuous Grange membership. Certifies that the name of Pearl C. Wilder has been enrolled in the permanent records of those who have devoted a half century of service to the order..to agriculture..and to mankind. Issued at Washington, D.C. this 18th day of April 1966. Signed by Herschel D. Newsom, Master and John W. Scott, Secretary.
CreatorNational Grange
PublisherC/WMARS http://www.cwmars.org
ContributorsThe S.K. Smith Co. Chicago-Cleveland-New York 8253
Date1966-04-18
TypeText
Formatimage/jpg
Identifier2009-I009
SourceNational Grange Patrons of Husbandry Booklet
Languageen-US
RelationFrom the collections of the Buckland Historical Society, Inc., P.O. Box 88, Buckland, MA, 01338, http://www.bucklandmasshistory.org/contact/
Coverage42.60 N, 72.77 W
add to favorites : reference url back to results : previous : next
powered by CONTENTdm ® | Contact: June Stokoe ~ Digital Initiatives ~ C/W MARS  ^ to top ^